Staatsolie’s Vision 2030 is geared towards a sustainable energy future for Suriname and making a strong contribution to the advancement of our society. This Vision represents the spirit and energy of Staatsolie’s successful history of development, growth and its distinctive value-based performance culture. Eventually we want to become a regional player with a global identity in the energy market.
- We lead the sustainable development of Suriname’s energy industry.
- We make a strong contribution to the advancement of our society.
- We are a regional player with a global identity in the energy market.
- Develop Suriname’s hydrocarbon potential over the full value chain, to generate electricity, and to develop renewable sustainable energy resources.
- Secure the energy supply of Suriname and to establish a solid position in the regional market.
- Expand our reputation based on our growth performance, flexibility and corporate social responsibility.
We put health and safety first, strive for zero harm to our people and the communities around us, and minimize negative impacts upon the environment.
We are honest and do what we say we will do.
We create a supportive and collaborative environment, respect each other, are open to other’s ideas and facilitate personal and professional growth.
We set high standards for quality, strive to exceed expectations and do our work with a sense of urgency.
We accept responsibility for our job and actions, are co-operative, and create a non-blaming environment
Being accountable for people and the environment is one of our core values. It is important to us that no harm is done to the environment and the community. We demonstrate our corporate citizenship, also through the Staatsolie Foundation for Community Development Foundation, by supporting initiatives that improve the health, education and development of the population of Suriname. Since 2017, we have been emphasizing close cooperation with the communities in areas where we operate. To this end there is regular contact with the communities and representatives of the local government.
Before we develop activities in new areas, the possible environmental and social impacts are assessed. These environmental and social impact assessments (ESIAs) are done by external experts. The ESIA report proposes mitigation measures to manage possible effects on the environment and communities.
Code of conduct
We wants our core values 'integrity' and 'accountability' to be lived by all our employees. A code of conduct has been established to give direction to this behavior. This code should ensure that our reputation and integrity will be protected.
EITI support statement
Staatsolie Maatschappij Suriname N.V. is a Supporting Company of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI). As the National Oil Company of Suriname, Staatsolie is commited to transparency and to supporting the activities of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI). Staatsolie has actively participated in the process led by the government of Suriname in becoming a candidate country, as of 24 May 2017, and is a primary member of the Multi-Stakeholder Group responsible for implementing the EITI in Suriname. By supporting EITI, we commit to encourage initiatives for transparency of revenues related to natural resource extraction, reduction in poverty and progress in the fight against corruption.
For more information on EITI, please visit the website.
Staatsolie demonstrates a firm commitment to Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) by effectively using an integrated management system, through which we continuously:
- Comply with relevant laws and legislation, and Staatsolie’s requirements, while taking the needs of our stakeholders into account.
- Identify risks, determine mitigating measures, and apply these measures to our work in order to prevent incidents and damage to the environment.
- Hold all employees and contractors accountable to follow Staatsolie’s HSEQ requirements, in order to achieve excellent performance with zero harm.
- Continually improve our management system by enhancing processes, services, and our product quality through the setting of explicit performance objectives.
- Involve all employees and contractors in the decision-making processes of our HSEQ management system.